Thursday, September 25, 2014

Sometimes It The Little Things.....

Have you ever noticed that sometimes it the little things that can make your week or leave you feeling great?  Sometimes as women and/or mothers we can get so caught up in our daily routines and our busy lives that we don't get a chance to do something for ourself and enjoy it. This week I had 3 things that kind of made my week that I wanted to share.

Anyone who knows me, knows how much I love my daily coffee.  That doesn't just mean getting to drink coffee daily, but means that I love to stop by our local Moxie Java that was one of the first coffee places to open up in Twin Falls, Idaho and getting to drink/savor my coffee while looking at the daily newspaper and chatting with many of the daily regulars that I have gotten to know over the past 14 years.  What a better way to start my day?  It helps me start my day on a positive note every day.  I love their dessert blend coffees that have a flavor baked right into the bean.  This way I can go out for coffee without ordering a drink with tons of added calories and because it is brewed by the pot it is very budget friendly.

However, this week I had a new coffee experience.  A new Starbucks opened in Twin Falls that has a Clover machine.  Many of you may be asking what that is.  The picture below shows what it looks like.


This lovely machine brews each cup individually with the help of the barista that grinds and measures the coffee for each cup and stirs it in delicately to the water that you see come out of the tap.  The machine then works like a reverse french press and it is really neat just watching the whole process.

I have to be honest.  I have never been a big fan of Starbucks.  I love my dessert blend coffees and anytime I have gotten a coffee at Starbucks I have always found it to be quite bitter.  However, I like to try new things and wanted to see what all the fuss was about with the "Clover".  I ordered a Clover Venti Pike's Place with a shot of sugar free cinammon dolce syrup (to give me some of the flavoring I enjoy with a dessert blend).  I will tell you that it is without a doubt the most amazing cup of coffee that I have ever had!  It is so smooth and creamy (remember I don't add cream or mild to my coffee)!  I felt like it was an experience.  One that I thought about over and over this week.  This will now be my "treat" every now and then in the afternoon when I either want to meet a friend for coffee or just take a few minutes for myself to sit down and truly savor a cup of coffee.  While you can go through the drive through and order one (I am not a coffee drive through person),  I highly recommend going in and watching them make it.


The next thing I want to share about my week is a new bra.  Yes, you heard me right, a new bra!  Remember I mentioned how busy we are with life?  How often do you get a new bra?  I know it is not a top priority on my list usually.  This week I got a new perfect shape t-shirt bra at Victoria Secrets.  Again, being frugal, bras at Victoria Secrets aren't usually in my budget.  However I had a coupon!  The salesperson made sure I truly got the right size for me (a different size than I thought I was) and I have been amazed at what a new, well-fitting bra can feel like! Definitely better than the last bras I purchased at Costco!  

Now for the third thing.  Some of you may have heard of 3-D fibre lashes/mascara.  Again, not something top on my priority list.  However, a friend was having an online party a few weeks ago and top support her I purchased a set of Younique.  While I received it last week, I just finally took the time to try it our a few days.  Wow!  I definitley like it has "opened" my eyes literally.


In the picture above, my right eye just has my regular mascara on and my left eye is done with the Younique.  Seriously check out the difference!  Look at how blue my eyes look and it really opens up my eyes!


So as I sit here drinking my Friday morning Moxie coffee taking a few minutes for myself, I encourage you to think of the little things that can make a difference.  You have to take care of yourself too!  Take time each day to reflect and some time for spirituality.  Take care of yourself physically and find time to share and fellowship with others!


Happy Friday everyone!







No comments:

Post a Comment