Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Father's Day Dinner - Grilled Steak and Crab Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms

I wouldn't post another recipe/meal so quickly except that this meal came out so delicious and when I posted a picture on facebook, I received many request for the recipe for the crab stuffed portobello mushrooms.

I will tell you that after reading another recipe for crab stuffed portobello's, I just created my own for these.


At Costco, I purchased a package of their portobello mushrooms and a container of their Arichoke & Jalapeno dip as well a a package of their New York Strip steaks.


I already had a 1lb package of imitation crab meat and green onions at home.  I simply chopped up the imitation crab, chopped up 1 bundle of green onions, and mixed the crab and onions together with half the container of Artichoke & Jalapeno dip.  I washed my portobello mushrooms and sprayed the outside of them with PAM cooking spray.  I then spooned the crab mixture into each one and sprinkled paprika on top.  Because we own a Traegar grill, I let the mushrooms smoke for about 20 minutes before turning up the temperature to cook the steaks.  While the grill was heating up for the steaks, I seasoned them and seared them in a cast iron griddle in the house.





I have to say that this was the best Father's Day BBQ I have made!  We had 2 stuffed portobellos left over that were almost as good reheated as leftovers.  I will definitely be making these again!





No comments:

Post a Comment